Friday, December 20, 2013

Ice Storm Photos

I get cabin fever during the winter, so I pulled on my snow pants, strapped on my snowshoes and walked around the outside of the farm today.  The area was beautiful.  Using snowshoes on a crust of ice was strange because when the crust broke pieces of ice skittered across the unbroken crust and sounded like breaking glass.
Icy lilac tree

Our back yard

There were mouse tracks everywhere out on the hay field.    It took me a few minutes to figure out what the mice were looking for:: an entrance under the snow that had not been iced over.  Looks like they found it.

Cows are very curious and very skittish.  Since they had never seen me on snowshoes before, the heifer groups were stampeding around their block barns and in their outdoor areas.  After a while, curiosity got the best of them and I started seeing heads pop out of the windows.

"Hi, human!"

"Does she have a bucket? We haven't been fed in FOREVER!"
*Note: the cow definition of forever is any period of time longer than 5 seconds.*

The ice coating on my windshield

No comments:

Post a Comment